Monday, August 28, 2006

Just Breathe in and out or AHHHH!! Stress

I kinda fell like I've been hangin out with Ozzy on the crazy train over the last few days. We've been crazy busy with the Shout Fest concert that happened Sunday and I've been trying to help Beth as much as possible with the wedding. The stress of helping with the wedding is just crazy. I'm a firefighter so I'm used to being stressed, let's face it being in a burning building is slightly stressful, but there have been times over the last week that I've thought about sticking my pen in my eye just to have something else to focus on. It seems really funny to say that but its true. I was talking with Beth yesterday on the way back from the Braves game, the Lexus Level Rocks!, and we both have reached a point where we both just want to be together. The wedding is important but is it really worth all the stress? I'm thinking today would be a good day to reach out to my fellow married bloggers for some encouragement. I want to be more than just a survivor, I want to be a conqueror. Is it ok to just survive? I'm looking forward to finding out! Hope all of you are doing well!

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger josh said...

i'll pass on to you the grand advice all married men give someone in your situation...

Marriage is a wonderful, wonderful dream.

Really, though, just press on. It'll all work out just fine. Keep talking to each other and don't sweat the small stuff.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, like josh said, don't sweat the small stuff. I'm not married, but I really don't want to plan and be stresssed the entire engagement. The Warren Barfield show was great, I got to take him out to dinner in my car...how random?

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Kirk Hagan said...

don't let then get you down. the first few days are great! then comes all of the other "good" stuff.
I would like to leave with a quote from my role model Jesco White:
"Marriage is a wonderful thing. But you get a lot of little things with it. It's not perfect...but thase (sic) love in it, and thase (sic) happiness in it. And thase (sic) also sorrow, hatred, and madness in it"
Thanks Jesco. Couldn't have said it better myself.
(P.S. Jason, here is my blog: kirkhagan.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home