Sunday, April 22, 2007

Living Life

Well I'm posting from work this time as we are, knock on wood, very slow today. This is a good thing and a great change of pace from all of the brush fires and car wrecks we've been running to lately. Beth is into her 6th month now and is getting bigger by the minute. I've recently had a thought. Most women when they are pregnant look cute, but they usually not happy about the whole pregnant thing. They love the idea of having a baby, but hate the being pregnant part. Josh maybe you have some things you can add to this thought. Even with all of this things are well with the baby and mother. Still planning on July 24th. In other news I have to retake the new hire physical agility test. I just had a horrible time, so I've been hitting the gym like a crazy man. I'm lifting and running everyday that I'm off work. I'm lifting so much that I'm getting used to being sore all the time. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to make the 18 minute time that's required. Please pray for me as this has not been an easy process at all. I'm also looking at going back to school for either a fire science degree or an emergency management degree. Still praying about both. I don't know if you saw the story on the news over the last day or not, but one of the Navy's Blue Angel Aircraft crashed at an airshow in Beaufort SC. Beth and I had a garage sale, to get rid of some stuff before the baby gets here, yesterday morning and then I convinced her to go with me to the air show. It was the first one that she had ever been to and I thought it would be a fun way for us to spend some time together. If you've ever been to see the Blue Angels you know that they are a great group of pilots who put on an awesome show that's really fun to watch. At the end of the show yesterday we we're watching the planes get set up for the last pass of the show when I heard a boom and turned around to see a large column of smoke rising from about a mile away. Being the fireman I knew that the dark black smoke was a bad sign and that something was burning very hot. We watched as all of the planes but 2 came in for a landing while the #1 plane circled the smoke. We all knew that something was very wrong by the way all of the pilots and crew just disappeared. We later found out that the pilot had indeed crashed into a residential neighborhood. We were all hoping for the best but because no one saw a parachute open after the crash we knew the pilot was most likely dead. The pilots of those planes are the best pilots in the Navy and Marine Corp and are trained to send the airplane as far away as possible from people on the ground in the event of a crash. It seems that this pilot was indeed a hero as he controlled the plane until the very end and was able to crash it between rows of trailers causing major damage to the homes but saving all lives on the ground. What an awesome act of servant hood this pilot showed by giving up his life to save others he'd never known. It makes me think about what Jesus did for us on the cross and how we should be willing to do that for others. May God bless the Family and Friends of the pilot of Blue Angels Plane #6 and pour out His grace and mercy on them in this time of loss. May we all learn how to be servants of others the way this Pilot was!

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger josh said...

wrote a response

cool you saw the blueangels and sucks about the crash. work hard at dropping your time. i'm trying to convince myself I need to start running again.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason!! Welcome back! I hope everything is going well for you! We need to catch up sometime. Take care and tell Beth that Kara and I said 'Hello'. Check out my other blog...

http://witherowresidence.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home